permaculture - [permaculture] Kaikoura NZ permaculture live-in design help needed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: David Hadorn <hadorn@dnai.com>, Permaculture Listserv <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, pinz@eartheal.org.nz
  • Subject: [permaculture] Kaikoura NZ permaculture live-in design help needed
  • Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:04:56 -0500

Dear Pcists,
Contact  David Hadorn <hadorn@dnai.com> when replying to this message / inquiry.
thanks,
Keith

David Hadorn wrote:

Dear Permaculture Person,

I am a dual New Zealand - USA citizen currently living in Victoria, BC,
Canada.  I lived in Wellington for five years from 1993-98, before that
Vancouver and before that different places around the States.  On a recent
trip back to NZ I purchased a small farm just outside Kaikoura, which I
plan to develop along permaculture lines.  My 22-year old daughter, Sarah
(who also lives in Victoria at the moment), will be heading down to
Kaikoura during the first week of May to live in the 3-bedroom house on the
property and to begin planning how to develop the land.  Unfortunately, I
will not be able to join her until some time in July.  This will be a
permanent move for me.

Sarah would like to have a flat-mate until I arrive and she would also like
to begin assessing and preparing the land under the guidance of someone
experienced in NZ permaculture.  Accordingly, I wish to enquire as to
whether you might be able to suggest how I might locate an experienced
permaculture person who would be interested in living in Kaikoura for some
period of time beginning in May.  Room and board plus expenses and a salary
would be provided.  Needless to say this person would also need to have all
the attributes one would wish to find in a flat-mate, as well.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions in this regard.  I would be
happy to provide more information as requested.

Kind regards

D-

David Hadorn

  • [permaculture] Kaikoura NZ permaculture live-in design help needed, Keith Johnson, 04/01/2002