permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The permaculture FAQ - origin and contributors

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ncatark.uark.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The permaculture FAQ - origin and contributors
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:39:06 -0600

Larry -

The Permaculture FAQ was something that I crafted and posted
on the Permaculture List because I support permaculture,
I enjoyed the permaculture list, and I thought it would be helpful
as an educational piece I can use in my workshops and also
for my ATTRA work. A few resources and suggestions were
likely shared from fellow participants in response to posts to
the group.

Conveniently, the 1996 FAQ 1.3 can easily be seen in the archives:
http://www.ibiblio.org/london/permaculture/faqs/permaculture.faq.v1.3

Fyi, I also posted the following item in 1996 as a tool for my
educational workshops:

Permaculture in a Burr Oak Nutshell
http://www.ibiblio.org/london/permaculture/mailarchives/pc-homepage/msg00303.html

Though, Dan Hemenway sure huffed and puffed about that one because
it used the word "sustainable agriculture" and to Dan, the "SA" word
is an oxymoron.

Developing a framework to present a large concept, and boiling
it down to a coherent and interesting piece takes time and creativity.
To that extent, I do feel like the Permaculture FAQ achieved a
framework that has worked well.

That is part of the reason I posted the The Power of Duck
book. It is designed really well. Get yourself a copy and enjoy
a good layout.

Steve Diver