permaculture - [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #63 - 8 msgs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "The Cottage" <thecottage@uniserve.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #63 - 8 msgs
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 10:18:31 -0800

Message: 5
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 18:15:30 -0600
To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
From: Mark Ludwig <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Biodiesel (Not Biogas)

>farmers who grow their own diesel need (according to this well
>researched article) a minimu of 13% of their land for this.
>
>cheers
>georg
Any economic analysis of this? What is the cost of bio diesel VS fossil
diesel? 13% is really not much given what the commodity markets pay these
days. Is there any analisys on corn oil? These figures are very exciting
to me!
Mark L

--__--__--

Message: 6
From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:27:00 +0100

hi mark:

i would suggest you contact the author of the article (i
mentioned in my post). i thing the farmers here are mainly using
rapeseed oil, but am not sure on this.

georg

> >farmers who grow their own diesel need (according to this well
> >researched article) a minimu of 13% of their land for this.
> >
> >cheers
> >georg
> Any economic analysis of this? What is the cost of bio diesel
VS fossil
> diesel? 13% is really not much given what the commodity
markets pay these
> days. Is there any analisys on corn oil? These figures are
very exciting
> to me!
> Mark L
Message: 7
From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: Re: [permaculture] Perennial Ground Covers for Hawaii...etc.
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:52:31 +0100

Hemp is the most promising of all available plant options for the production
of biodeisel, I can look it up but I seem to recall that it is the best
plant for that useage.
In lake'ch
Lance

  • [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #63 - 8 msgs, The Cottage, 03/10/2002