permaculture - [permaculture] planter@frforest.freeserve.co.uk

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] planter@frforest.freeserve.co.uk
  • Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:59:34 -0600

I've unearthed a abondoned nuttery in west Powys, Cymru (Wales), the
lifetimes work of one Mr David Every, a old school vegan, animial
liberationist freak. 50 years or so's work...selected cultivars of
primarily
hazel (cob/filbert) and walnut for good cropping 1000 feet up in the
hills.

I'm in touch with some folk in the US doing good work on hazels. Any chance of getting a sampling of the nuts for these guys via yourself? I could handle the necessary hoop jumping for the import side.
Mark

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison