permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Volunteer work

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: James Sprunt <jimmys@hotkey.net.au>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Volunteer work
  • Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:43:03 +1100

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the information. Is it your project in Thailand with which you are needing help or Yoot's, or is it one in the same? I, too, am looking at doing Geoff and Sindhu's PDC mainly because they have done so much development work. Do you know if they do a good course? Thanks again,

Kind regards

James

William Pearce wrote:

Hi James!

I have a small PC project in Thailand. Currently a

one-man show (Yoot is a Thai national who trained with

Geoff and Sindhu Lawton at the PRI near Murwillumbah. He

stayed on there for the duration of his visa, gaining

experience on Tagari Farm. He now lives in a Hill Tribe

village in the Golden Triangle region of Thailand, nr

the Burmese border, where he helps the villagers (who I

liken to Thailand´s equivalent of the Australian

Aborigines - socially and economically outcast). He has

several food gardens and seed houses there. He also

designs and implements start-up PC food gardens for

indigenous schools in various parts of the country), it

needs someone to stay for a while, make contacts, track

down a Thai text (a Thai translation of someone´s PC

course notes plus extracts from various of Bill

Mollison´s writings which I have seen, but not traced to

source), recruit some teachers, have them trained in Oz,

get the school going in Thailand, and generally get

something going at a national level. There are a few

others (Thai Nationals) who have done courses over the

years, but no-one seems to know what has become of them.

I guess you´re looking for something established,

though. Still, if you´re interested, get in touch!

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your PC course!

Bill Pearce