permaculture - [permaculture] kunayala

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Martha Boyd" <maboydm@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] kunayala
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 19:17:10 +0000

Hi, The Kuna are the tribe who live in the islands on the east coast of Panama and who make the beautiful appliqued molas. They participate in a number of international indigenous sustainability projects, and are especially interested in ways of protecting the ecosystem that maintains their traditional way of life. I think you also may be able to find something under "nabguana," their word for mother earth--actually, I just found this (on yahoo)-- something to get you started anyway:
NATIVE-L (March 1993): Association Nabguana
Association Nabguana. ... Association NABGUANA The Association of Kunas
United for Mother Earth, founded on January 4, 1991. ...
http://nativenet.uthscsa.edu/archive/nl/9303/0019.html
Good luck!
Martha

  • [permaculture] kunayala, Martha Boyd, 03/07/2002