permaculture - [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #54 - 10 msgs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Martha Boyd" <maboydm@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #54 - 10 msgs
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:58:05 +0000

Re: mosquitoes
Dear Claude,
My grandfather in Michigan told me he kept his purple martin houses spic and span and painted white (the way they evidently like them) because they can eat 3,000 mosquitoes a day. Don't know if it's true, and as the man Grandpa paid to paint the houses said, in some disgust, "who the hell counts 'em?" But btwn birds and bats, not to mention dragonflies, there can be some serious skeeters et.
Martha