permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Mosquito spraying

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Mosquito spraying
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 10:30:56 -0500

1 - it's a human health hazard that also kills non-target species.
Literature of all types is prevalent. Sorry I do not have any handy.

2 - Bats and birds (martins, swallows, etc). Nothing beats these winged
vacuum cleaners. I'm currently drafting a plan for building enhancements
and erecting bat boxes for a sewer treatment facility in Louisville that
will enhance nesting and roosting opportunities to keep down mosquitoes
and midges.

where do you live?