permaculture - [permaculture] Looking for Practical Designs for Timber-based Summer structures

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg@igg.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Looking for Practical Designs for Timber-based Summer structures
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:59:19 -0500

We have access to plenty of green and dried locust to work with, but not a lot of cash right now.

I need to set up a good sized summer kitchen (serving up to 30 people), privacy stalls for two showers, and a couple of privacy stalls for self-contained composting toilets.

I'm also looking for suggestions for managing dishwashing and food storage in a summer kitchen. (I'm thinking of this kitchen as having a long counter that holds a wash sink and a wood stove at cook height and provides a serving surface. Could be weather-proofed with canvas, I assume)

I'm probably looking for the sort of stuff that ws standard in Forest Service and Boy Scout camps 50 years ago.

Our site is in Loudoun County, Virginia.

-Allan