permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Growing most nutrition WAS propagating elderberries and FrontYard

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Growing most nutrition WAS propagating elderberries and FrontYard
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:23:52 -0600

The fruit trees I planted last year, in the NW 21st front yard, make
kind of half an oval, with the open end facing the street. I'm
thinking about using that as a basic design, with other plants on the
interior of the oval flowing out to the street. This thought just came
to me this evening, after reading the pages I found via the fruit tree
guild google search.

Being located in Oklahoma City, and not being in the habit of using
air conditioning, the shade will be welcome on the house. 3 years
ago, the two big elms provided a lot of shade for the house, now they
don't, so replacements are in order!

And I am looking forward to the visual delight. Another thing
permaculture does is teach you the value of patience.

Robert in OKC