permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Worms eat my crap?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Worms eat my crap?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:58:21 -0500

Elijah,
The following contact info will put you in touch with a friend who has done LOTS of research using earthworms to process nearly everything, including humanure. Also check out Worm Digest.

Uday S. Bhawalkar
Bhawalkar Earthworm Research Institute (BERI)
Tel: +91-20-422 6916 Fax: Not Available E-mail:  mailto:bvpl@vsnl.com Website: http://members.tripod.com/eco_logic/about_me.htm
A/3, Kalyani Pune, Maharashtra  411037 India
Areas: Vermiculture Ecotechnology

(2nd Address)
A-1, Padma Park, Behind Padmawati Temple,
Pune-Satara Road, Pune- 411009, INDIA

Elijah Smith wrote:

Hello, everyone - I've been researching the use of worms to compost
humanure - an idea layed out in a cool book I saw, but don't have, called
Solviva.  This page is the only web link I can find with some info on this.

Anyone else have any references to this sorta thing?  It's cool because it's
really fast (1 month or so), you don't have to worry about compost pile
management, which is sorta an art form, and supposedly it removes all
nasties from the product.  In a flushing system, let the water run through
to a sand filter/wetlands/etc.

 Elijah