permaculture - [permaculture] Update: Dry Country News + Earth Quarterly

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ncatark.uark.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Update: Dry Country News + Earth Quarterly
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 13:09:16 -0600

Dry Country News was one of the featured periodicals in the North
American resources
section listed in the 1998 edition of
http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/perma.html

The DCN web link -- http://www.zianet.com/drynews/ -- is dead

Update:

Dry Country News is defunct. It was published by Gordon Solberg
et al., and superseded by a second publication they put out called
Earth Quarterly.

Earth Quarterly
http://www.zianet.com/earth/index.html
This web site is thin, but it does contain three items of interest:

LAURATORIALS
These spiritual essays were written by Laura Solberg, and
originally
appeared in Earth Quarterly.

Signs of the Seasons
Life on the Rio Grande, monthly column which appeared in
the Las Cruces Bulletin by Gordon Solberg, Radium Springs, New
Mexico

Letters to Editor, feedback from subscribers to Earth Quarterly.

Papercrete is a green building technology Solberg apparently has some
expertise working with, and Papercrete News is a full-blown web site
with
lots of helpful information.

Papercrete News
http://www.zianet.com/papercrete/

An info packet containing old issues of Earth Quarterly as well as
old issues of Papercrete News is available for sale.

"Our papercrete book is now out of print, and for a variety of reasons
we
are not reprinting it. We are instead offering our papercrete INFO
PACKET, which includes all the Earth Quarterly back issues (#1-5), and
both issues of Papercrete News."

"Postpaid price for the INFO PACKET is $39 US, $40 Canada, $46 rest
of world."

Send address:
Gordon Solberg, Papercrete News, Box 23, Radium Springs, NM 88054
earth@zianet.com

As an aside, quick links of interest on green building technology:

Building with Papercrete and Paper Adobe
A Revolutionary New Way to Build Your Own Home for Next to Nothing
by Gordon Solberg | In the Oikos Library
http://www.oikos.com/library/papercrete/

THE INFOGRAPHY: Construction -- Natural Home
http://www.infography.com/content/332565887520.html

R E S O U R C E G U I D E
The Natural House A Complete Guide to Healthy, Energy-Efficient,
Environmental Homes by Daniel D. Chiras
http://www.chelseagreen.com/Chiras/resource.htm

Regards,
Steve Diver

  • [permaculture] Update: Dry Country News + Earth Quarterly, Steve Diver, 02/04/2002