permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The meagre harvest of yield

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <permed@nor.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The meagre harvest of yield
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 02 11:03:57 -0000

Received this email - perhaps there's someone on this list who can help
this lady?
Please reply to her email address - Robyn

From: melissa dodson, banjo1@alltel.net
To: permed@nor.com.au

Robin:
Hello, my name is Melissa Dodson. I live in Southern Arkansas. I have
been reading and researching self-sustainabilty. I live on an 85 acre
farm and raise goats, poultry, and season vegetables. I am looking for
guidance, consulting, etc... so that I can better understand ways
to become self-suffiecent. I am currently searching for someone to
consult with on retrofitting
my home with passive solar design, solar water, etc.... I would like to
be able to grow most
of my food here year round with an attached greenhouse of some sort. I
have been looking
at "solaroofgardens.com and was curious your opinion of their ideas. Is
there an Elementary/beginners book you could recommend for me that would
help simplify things? I guess with all the different things I've become
overwhelmed and not sure where to begin. I am working
toward a pasture poultry project. I currently have my layers in hoop
house that I move around daily, and am working on pasture grazing
control with my goats.

Do you offer consulting? If not can you point me in the direction I
need to go?
Sincerely
Melissa Dodson