permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Groups in Africa

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: bob jacobs <soilfirst@tao.ca>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Groups in Africa
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 21:07:38 -0800

Ok, sorry this is late. It took me time to find some free time and get this out. I pruned thelist to groups really Permaculture focoused. Hope it helps people.

DEVELOPMENT GROUPS, SUSTAINABLE AG., PERMACULTURE GROUPS IN AFRICA

ETHIOPIA:
1. The Integrated Biofarm Enterprise: PO BOX 3839 ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA‹ tikubet@yahoo.com
2. The BioGas Production team of the DED (German Development service)
19522 Addia Ababa, Ethiopia gtz@telecom.net.et

MALAWI:
1. Lukwe Permaculture Educational Farm
PO BOX 20 Livingstonia
N. Malawi

2. The US Peace Corps Permaculture and Nutrition Team
3. The Paper Making Education Trust (by-hand recycling project) Suleman House, 10 Chilembwe Rd.
PO Box 1015 Blantyre, Malawi

Tel/Fax: 265-623-895/950
Pamet@sdnp.org.mw

ZIMBABWE:
1. The Fambidzanai Permaculture Center
Dovedale Road, Stapleford Mt. Hampten, Harare, PO BOX cy301 Causeway Zimbabwe. 263-4-726911 fambidzanai@mango.zw
2. The Natural Farming Network nfnz@africaonline.co.zw
PO BOX a16140 Avondale Harare, Zimbabwe Phone# 023-403-256
3. The Zimbabwean Institute of Permaculture
Zip@mango.zw
4. The Permaculture in Schools Program
Mr Aleno Taranja-motsi
Mupumbu School
P. Bag 2003
Murombedzi
Zuimba
zimbabwe

SOUTH AFRICA:
1. Food and Trees for Africa
PO BOX 2035, Gallo Manor 2052 Johannasburg, South Africa
011-803-9749/50//12/3
trees@cis.co.za
www.trees.co.za
2. Rustler¹s Valley Permaculture Educational Center PO BOX 672 Ficksburg 9730 Free State South Africa
Permacore po box 13024 Mowbray 7705 capetown South Africa permacore@hotmail.com
3. Oudmouden Community Organic Farm (employs mentally handicapped individuals) Oude Molden Farm Oude Molden Village Alexander Road Pinelands. Capetown, South Africa

---------
-"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to
the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of
peace and brotherhood can never become reality. I believe that
unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."
~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.