permaculture - [permaculture] A German plant database

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: The PC Listserv <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, The PC Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] A German plant database
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:25:09 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

Just got this - an example of an online plant DB that someone in
Germany has done (MySQL/PHP). All in German, but you get the
idea...and for you German speakers here, how comprehensive/useful is
the info returned? I can only make out enough to know that I got the
right plant for the latin name I searched for...

> Hi, I read your search for a SQL-database here:
> https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/pcplantdb/2002-January/000017.html
>
> A friend of mine (he is an ecological gardener) has made a plant
> database in MySQL. Although the pages are in german you may be
> sucessful in
> testing it's performance (botanical names) here:
>
> http://www.pflanzenbuch.de/pflanzendatenbank.php
>
> (or use http://babelfish.altavista.com/ to translate page)
>
> Maybe it is the largest plant database online in Germany.
>
> greetings
>
> Thilo

=====
John Schinnerer, MA