permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Getting mail sorter to work with new permaculture llist

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <loren@farwalker.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Getting mail sorter to work with new permaculture llist
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:50:18 -0800

At 07:53 PM 1/19/02 -0500, Sharon Gordon wrote:
This is the first list that I haven't been able to get to work with my mail sorter.
I have tried typing the address by hand, and a cut and paste of the the new
email address in the sorting rules. But it doesn't sort at all. Any tips for
getting this one to work?

What I use is: Subject line contains "[permaculture]". In Eudora (which the headers say you're using), you can select a message from this list - mine, for example - and select Special > Make Filter from the menu. When you get the box, click the radio button next to Subject, then delete everything but "[permaculture]" from the text box next to it. Select which mailbox you want to Transfer it to at the bottom - probably your current Pc mailbox - and then click the Create Filter button.

Good luck,

Loren

Loren Davidson Permaculturist, philosopher, writer
loren@farwalker.com http://www.earthspring.org/loren/
AIM: loren334 ICQ: 65291610
"We have to create the future, or others will do it for us" - Gen. S. Ivanova, ret.