permaculture - Re: Yield is important

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "len organicpc" <gardenlen@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Yield is important
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 18:22:36 +1000

like your signature line says 'teach a man to fish and he will eat forever' isn't that sustainability isn't that what pc is realy all about or ahve i simpilified it too much?

to me if i can live off my property at a certain level and still leave maximum space for habitat isn't that true sustainability? isn't that what pc is realy all about if you discard the yuppy stuff?

if a farmer doesn't want to operate in a sustainable way with the environment so what? does that make his measure correct? we need to get our heads out of clouds and work out why we are here.

someone said show me pc at work, well if i live in suburbia and and decrease my waste output to land fill to 2 wheely bins a year instead of filling 2 bins a week is that what yo want??? if i reduce my water usage to a minimum is that waht you want or don't you realy know what you want because in the final wash up pc CAN'T be sold, or are you on cloud nine voicing your opinion with big meaningless words. you only want to prove pc works for monetary gains to me that isn't what pc is all about.

the thing that gets me is there is way too many people out there involved in pc for riches of the monetary kind and stuff the environment.

my opinion

len