permaculture - Re: natures diversity (was: Re: Pc slammed in Whole Earth Review

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "keller" <ak.and.ak@on-line.de>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: natures diversity (was: Re: Pc slammed in Whole Earth Review
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 17:03:06 +0100

> what do we learn from that? long, intense, protracted and even
> some more observation, before we go into action or judgement.

Agreed. As I said, the methodology used in those studies might have been
wrong, but that means that we need more science here, not less.

If homeopathy has a real effect in a group of people, than this must be
measurable. If studies showing this have been made and their methodology is
all right, O.K.

> > advantages of the herb spiral, fine.
> > If it shows no advantage, fine, why stick to it?
>
> maybe because it certain patterns in our surrounds have different
> effects on us directly though subtely? i do not have a herbspiral
> in my garden but spirals made from rocks - they serve no purpose
> whatsoever but pleasing me and maybe the lizards. and for such
> subjective advantages i need no quantifiable experiments.

No problem with that. It was maybe not the best example.

What I generally mean is that I see a tendency in some people to dismiss
science and to think that science is bad. My oppinion is that science is not
part of the problem. Of course most science is payed for by the
organisations that are part of the problem, and so are the results of that
science.

Andreas