permaculture - Re: Interactive Projects/information/guilds database --+-- Idea for -- getting the DB effort off the ground quickly

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Interactive Projects/information/guilds database --+-- Idea for -- getting the DB effort off the ground quickly
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 11:30:41 +0100

> No problem at all, I'll set it up exactly as as you've described.

what a relief, i am glad and grateful for this. thanks, mate!

> No problem at all setting this up. What name do you want to use?
> pc-austria@ OK? or pcaustria@? or pc+ag-austria@?

pk-ackerbau@
(permaculture is PermaKultur in german, and ackerbau means something like
'field-farming' (even tho the dictionary translates it as 'agriculture' or
'farming')

> I can configure it to be by invitation only with you as owner.

perfect. i suppose you can point me to some instructional files, so i know
how i have to do this inviting for it to work.

> Those webforums/email lists are really slow; lots of ads &
> jackinthebox javascripts.

yea, pain in the ass. so thanks again for this christmas present - i am
looking forward to those guys sharing and synthesizing - very promising. and
i certainly will give occasional summary reports to this list as well as to
the wider austrian pc community.

georg