permaculture - Re: Using earth to deflect wind

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Pacific Edge Permaculture + Media <pacedge@magna.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Using earth to deflect wind
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:55:44 +1100

I think that earthworks that work as windbreaks, as you describe in your
email, would have to be massive. My question is whether they would be
warranted in terms of time and energy expenditure (and cost of you are not
to do them yourself).

Maybe the tree windbreaks you have planted would be more economical.

..Russ Grayson