permaculture - Re: Listmember's Ecologies - Hawai'i

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Listmember's Ecologies - Hawai'i
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 14:13:52 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

> hello everyone, just took a design
> course on the big island of Hawaii and settled into 8 acres of thick
> rainy jungle.

Was the course at La'akea, or is someone else out there doing one?

Where exactly are you at on the island? If you're buried in "rock
rose" (melastoma) I'm guessing you're in lower Puna...? I've got a
place in Paradise Park, and used to live in Hilo '92-'96.

I'm on the mainland for a while now, but contact me off-list if you
want more info or leads to local PC stuff that you didn't get to see
while doing the course.

cheers,

=====
John Schinnerer, MA