permaculture - Re: Out of Control - words, etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Out of Control - words, etc.
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:55:02 +0100

> bet we could teach a non-english speaker how to
> do permaculture if s'he spent a year living with
> us, doing nothing but observing as we went about
> our daily activities.

wow, you got to be a teaching wizzard. it took me about 12 years with a lot
of communicating, but mostly trying to apply what i have thought i grasped
in communication, and then trying to make meaning out of my failures. or
maybe i didnt have enough people to watch - for my watching others doing it
time propably was a few weeks only - and most of that time we wasted by me
asking questions about how and why they did things.

but seriously, i doubt your above statement. it might be true that it takes
only observation for someone to be able to continuously manage an up and
going pc system - like a son taking over after a father or some such. but
only to observe implementation and management on one site, and later be able
to go and observe and design building on the observation on a totaly
different location - well, i doubt it.

georg