permaculture - Re: air shows

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Zimmermann" <zimmermann5@yahoo.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: air shows
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:23:00 -0600

My grandmother, who lives in the Northwoods of Michigan, USA, doesn't plant
anything that she can't dig up from the nearby fields and forests. She has
hundreds of butterflies. Her flying flower garden. When sitting under a
tree, enjoying her company in the summer, you feel like you are in some
fantasy film, and start looking for a unicorn to step out of the woods.
Butterflies come, every year unbidden. I am thinking that doing nothing is
sometimes the best thing, as Grandma has proven to me.
Amanda