permaculture - Re: plant DB - visibility

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: plant DB - visibility
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:01:00 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

> The other major issue to be addressed is visibility. For
collaborative
> projects to really work these got to be a good community behind it.

Very good point, and one that makes the difference between fast, slow
and no development in open source projects. And here we need more
complex collaboration than with the "typical" tech development group,
e.g. techno-geeks, because we need PC-geeks *and* techno-geeks *and*
PC+techno-geeks. Not surprising that we need all these relations and
diversity for a PC plant database...

=====
John Schinnerer, MA