permaculture - Books and Web Site Update

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Holmgren & Su Dennett <holmgren@netconnect.com.au>
  • To: Bertil Thermænius <bertil.thermaenius@telia.com>
  • Subject: Books and Web Site Update
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:16:51 +1000

Title: Books and Web Site Update
Dear Colleagues,
This email is to  keep you up to date with progress on the awaited publication of my book Permaculture: Principles & Pathways To Sustainability.

Following discussions with professional editor and permaculture activist Janet MacKensie, we have decided to rework the structure of the book to focus directly on the principles. The Collected Writings 1978-2000 which were originally part of the book are being progressively made available via  our website.
A new Collected Writings  page http://www.spacountry.net.au/holmgren/CollWrit.html has been added to our web site with a brief introductory paragraph about 26 articles in chronological order.   The first eight articles are now available as downloadable pdf files.  These download quickly and are easily read on any computer system using Acrobat Reader. If you don't have this on your system it is downloadable free from  http://www.adobe.com

By making these articles available on the web site we hope to stimulate further exploration and application of permaculture  concepts and provide access to some of the ideas and thinking which has contributed to the book.
For a more specific summary of the book, I  draw your attention to "The Essence of Permaculture" which  readable on the web site at http://www.spacountry.net.au/holmgren/PCprins.html.  This article is key extracts from the book and has been updated from an earlier version on the web site.  This can be printed from browser. The downloadable pdf version included original design principle icons which were done for us by graphic artist Richard Telford.

For those of you interested in the weeds/landcare/stream management debate, a recent report I did  to the local landcare group is up on their web site complete with colour photos and plans at http://www.daylesford.net.au/landcare/ and click the Spring Ck Project button
Also our What's On page has been expanded from notice about our house, garden & Spring Ck tours to include notice of my speaking and teaching engagements with links to organisers.

Also some of you may not be aware that our large format book Hepburn Permaculture Gardens is back is print and available from us. In the USA Chelsea Green is now our distributor and will have stock of the book by December.

Work on the book is progressing but we are no longer making promises about publication dates.
And for those of you in Victoria we are continuing to thin the forest at Fryers Forest Eco-village and have durable bush poles, posts and flitches available for sale. See our price list and technical information at http://www.spacountry.net.au/holmgren/FFtimber.html

David Holmgren
--
David Holmgren & Su Dennett
Holmgren Design Services

  • Books and Web Site Update, David Holmgren & Su Dennett, 10/14/2001