permaculture - Re: permaculture digest: July 30, 2001

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: 1earth permaculture <permaculture1@start.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: permaculture digest: July 30, 2001
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 1:22:10 +1000

on 30 Jul 2001 08:28:16 , Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org> wrote:

> If there are no objections, the trademarking will go through

"That's not true, although objections will greatly increase the chance
of rejection."

Toby, you are of course 100% accurate, I stand corrected, good point.
IMHO however, bureaucrats often don't have all the facts in the front
of them when making decisions, and regularly make bad calls.

So, I'll revise my point - If there are no objections, the
trademarking will quite probably go through. I think it imperative
the bureaucrats be made aware of objections from others within the
permaculture industry.

Marcus