permaculture - Re: mulch on corn

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: mulch on corn
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 01 11:25:29 -0700

> Re: mulch on corn
I have grown corn in mulch for 14 years now; in tuned-over sods covered with
cardboard and planer shavings, in tree service chips, in horse bedding and
dairy manure solids, in slashed weeds and green hay, in cut comfrey and
chopped cottonwood branches, in grain straw and lawn clippings. I plant
soaked seeds in hills of compost placed it pockets opened in the mulch.
It all works; if you don't see optimum growth and good green color, pee on it.
-Rick

Rick Valley Northern Groves
PO Box 1236, Philomath, OR 97370
Mobile-(541)602-1315, hm.& msg. (541)456-4364 Bamboo catalog $3 or at
<http://www.teleport.com/~dbrooks/bamboo.html>
"Useful Bamboos and other plants‹ Permaculture education‹ Ecological design &
consultation centering on water,landform and horticultural systems"