permaculture - Re: Green manure in the tropics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Green manure in the tropics
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 00:34:34 +0200

hi david!

what is a "phol" of land?

- shoot, i just looked through my piles of papers and boxes (recently
moved...), but couldnt find the english original of emilia hazelips little
paper on synergistic agriculture in the tropics. only the german
translation, but since it was translated for the use in austria, we didnt
include the spscies list...

but this is what you want to look for:
perennial
nitrogen fixer
drought resistant
covers the ground well (also in the dry season)
max height 30 cm (uhm, 10 inches?)

ideally would be to find one that meets the criteria that grows wild in your
region... take a hike :o)

good luck
georg