permaculture - Re: agroforestry

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Cropper" <j.cropper@trinidad.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: agroforestry
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:31:55 -0400

There is the International Centre for AgroForestry (ICRAF) in Kenya. They
publish 'Agroforestry Today' and are part of the International Agricultural
Research Centres system

Their website is www.cgiar.org/icraf

this e-mail.

New book from the publishers of The Overstory now available at
<http://www.agroforestry.net/afg/book.html>.

New from the publishers of The Overstory: an illustrated guide to tropical
agroforestry practices. The 240-page book includes sections on understory
intercropping, nontimber forest products, multipurpose trees, windbreaks,
farm forestry, indigenous techniques, and much more. Written for
landholders, farmers, and agricultural extension workers. Extensive species
lists and resource information; fully indexed. _Agroforestry Guides for
Pacific Islands_ is now available for $24.95 plus shipping. For more
information or to order, <http://www.agroforestry.net/afg/book.html>.

::::::::::::::::::::
::::: Publisher Notes :::::

The Overstory is published by Permanent Agriculture Resources, P.O. Box
428, Holualoa, HI 96725 USA; Tel: 808-324-4427; Fax: 808-324-4129; E-mail:
<par@agroforester.com>; Web site:<http://www.agroforester.com>.

Past editions of The Overstory:
<http://www.agroforester.com/overstory/osprev.html>.

This publication is Copyright 2000 Craig R. Elevitch and Kim M. Wilkinson.
All rights reserved worldwide. For conditions of use please contact
<overstory@agroforester.com> or write to Permanent Agriculture Resources at
the address above.

This newsletter is designed to provide agricultural information, but is
sent with the understanding that the editors and publishers are not engaged
in rendering consultation. If expert assistance is required, the services
of a professional should be sought.

To subscribe (or unsubscribe) please send an e-mail to
<overstory@agroforester.com> with the subject "subscribe" (or
"unsubscribe") and in the body of the message:

1) your name
2) e-mail address
3) organization, brief project description, or your interest in
agroforestry
4) your location (city, state, country)

Any other information about yourself that you would like to include is
welcome, as it helps us tailor the journal to your needs.

**Your information is secure--We will never sell, give or distribute your
address or subscription information to any third party.**
------