permaculture - Re: Greywater Question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "len organicpc" <gardenlen@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Greywater Question
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:57:36 +1000

well my idea is so that i can recycle that water to the garden or fruit trees, i will also be iusing a composting toilet, so will no be generating black water. to me water that goes into a septic tank is lost just as much as if it went into the sewerage system. plus with septic there still is the possibility of contaminating ground water.

for the most part shower/bath and washing machine water can go direct to the garden etc.,. only the kitchen water needs to go through a grease trap 1st, that's my understanding of it.

len