permaculture - research on pc projects needed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Naomi & Rick Coleman" <peds@tpg.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: research on pc projects needed
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 17:22:18 +1000

Title: Re: what sort of digest is this?
Hi everyone,

Here's a request that requires typing and doing!!

We work with an aid agency on sustainable permaculture aid projects. One of the issues that came up at our last meeting was the lack of documentation and research into the effectiveness of permaculture techniques. The implication was that we shouldn't really be recommending strategies if they haven't been proven to work.

We are aware of a number of successfully implemented permaculture strategies, and indeed whole projects. Many case studies are documented in the various global permaculture publications and in the International Permaculture Conference Proceedings papers. However we do agree that there is a broad lack of research and quantitative data reports on such projects.

Does anyone on this list know of any formal research into the effectiveness of permaculture strategies, or documentation of projects that could add to our current knowledge?

Is there anyone out there doing masters programs using permaculture examples for their research?

Anyone interested in applying for a diploma in pc in research of systems who would like to take this challenge up?

We believe (with a passion) that permaculture systems work if well designed and considered, it would be great to have more documented evidence of this.

thanks

Naomi and Rick Coleman
Southern Cross Permaculture Institute