permaculture - Re: edible landscape demo

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kevin Snorf <fronsk@baymoon.com>
  • To: tayste@clear.net.nz, permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@envirolink.org
  • Subject: Re: edible landscape demo
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:28:44 -0800

Carol-

Brook's point on Village Homes is a great starting point. I am finally
finishing a book about the design process of Villages Homes called,
DESIGNING SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES availiable through Island Press. It is
a great book and seems like it would really speak to some of the issues
you are working on. Hope that is helpful,
Kevin Snorf

Brook Le Van wrote:

> Carol, A well known development begun in the early 1970's in Davis,
> California, USA "Village Homes" featured among other green design
> strategies - an edible landscape. This whole systems approach to
> development has proven itself on numerous levels in the Davis area and
> is
> currently being replicated. I would not be surprised if the city has
> recognized the benefits of what Village Homes has demonstrated and
> integrated them into city planning? You would have to go to Davis' city
>
> files or maybe get luck on the web? Check out:
> http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC35/Browning.htm for starters. Then
> search
> for Davis city site to inquire?
> Great thesis and Good luck.
> Best, Brook Le Van, Co-director, Sustainable Settings

> Keith Johnson wrote:
>
> > Here is a question whose answer would make a good story for the
> > Activist. Any information out there for Carol?
> > Keith

  • Re: edible landscape demo, Kevin Snorf, 03/15/2001