permaculture - Re: permaculture digest: March 12, 2001

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bob Ewing <sixdegrees@baynet.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: permaculture digest: March 12, 2001
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:37:20 -0500

Greetings while I am a vegetarian not a vegan, I find myself in agreement
with this
statement:

For many of us, perhaps using Mollison's comment
"I don't eat factory food" is the best we can do.
Depending where we live & who we live with,
that can be quite an accomplishment.

Bees and chickens play a useful and perhaps essential role in a sustainable
design, you
don't have to eat the chickens, you could focus on rare or heritage breeds,
for example.
If you don't want honey then consider solitarty bees such as the orchard
mason bee which
does an excellent job at pollinating fruit tree, for example. It is all a
matter of
balance and harmony.

Bob Ewing
Four Frogs Permaculture Design
Thunder Bay, ON.

  • Re: permaculture digest: March 12, 2001, Bob Ewing, 03/13/2001