permaculture - Re: Spading implements & Raised beds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: sgilman@netheaven.com, permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Spading implements & Raised beds
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 00:49:53 -0500

> <sgilman@netheaven.com> wrote:
>
> For a book in progress on "Holistic Organics" (having to do with
> systematically intercropping habitat for beneficial organisms in the
> field or garden for pest and disease control) I am researching how
> growers utilize raised beds in general and how they use appropriate
> technology ­­ and spaders in particular. Here, I'm interested in
> spader brand names, tillage widths, horsepower required, cost of
> implements and commercial availability as well as how they work in
> conjunction with other tillage and planting operations. Also, how well
> do they incorporate organic matter and what are the overall soil
> effects -- on compaction, aggregation, aerobic decomposition, etc ?
> Thanks.
>
> Steve Gilman
> Ruckytucks Farm
> 130 Ruckytucks Road
> Stillwater, NY 12170
> 518/ 583-4613

These links may be of use to you. See also the ATTRA website
(also see my ATTRA links at EcoLandTech)

Gardening Handtools Sourcelist
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/gardening-hand-tools.faq

Smallfarm machinery, equipment, handtools information
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/orgfarm/tools/

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr. ICQ # 27930345
lflondon@mindspring.com london@ibiblio.org

  • Re: Spading implements & Raised beds, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 03/09/2001