permaculture - [permaculture] RE: Polymnia sonchifolia (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: [permaculture] RE: Polymnia sonchifolia (fwd)
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:11:49 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:40:16 -0800
From: Harold Waldock <haroldw@alternatives.com>
To: permaculture <permaculture@listserv.unc.edu>
Subject: [permaculture] RE: Polymnia sonchifolia

I'm curious to know about plants like this too. Let me know if you find
them.
There were 5 Andean (Temperate - Cold Zone) foods and this is one of them:
Yacon, potatoe, a Nastertium (I have this one), a tuber that can grow above
the tree line, and one I completely forget - its all in the old Oregon
Exotics catalogue.

Oregon Exotics used to have it I don't know if they are in business any
more. Raintree Nursery (Oregon-Washington can't quite remember) would know
if they are still active or for contact info. They might even have what you
are looking for.

There are at least 2 seed exchanges that are big enough that would have
stuff like this. I don't remember having any contact info except a friend
of mine told me about those amazing networks.

Try the people at www.perennialvegetable.com they would be interested too.

Good Luck,

Harold Waldock
Greenvillage Permaculture Institute

  • [permaculture] RE: Polymnia sonchifolia (fwd), Lawrence F. London, Jr., 03/01/2001