permaculture - Speaker suggestions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Irwin <jwirwin@permaculture.net>
  • To: PcListServ <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Speaker suggestions
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:55:18 -0500

Pc Pals-

The Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture,
PASA, just held its 10th annual, most successful conference ever,
growing from 500 in 92 to over 1200 in 01. Its time to suggest
speakers for next year. As you can see, recent keynoters have
been excellent. Here's the whole list:

Will Baker-94
E Ann Clark-99
Eliot Coleman-95
Tom Elliott-96
Cornelia Flora-93
Tom Frantzen-95
Elizabeth Henderson-96
Jim Hightower-01
Wes Jackson-92
Paul Keene-92
Fred Kirschenmann-92
Winona LaDuke-01
William McKonough-99
Kathleen Merrigan-98
Denise O’Brien-98
Vandana Shiva-00
Marty Strange-93
John Todd-00
Greg Watson-94
Sarah Vogel-95

Any suggestions?

While we're at it, how about a conference theme.

Past Themes:
92-Farming for the Future
93-Sustainable Communities, Sustainable Agriculture
94-Sustaining Agriculture & the Environment
95-Farming for a Greener Future
96-Growing Markets, Adding Value, Sustaining Farms
97-Cooperating for a Change
98-Foreseeing the Future: Communities & Cooperation or Concentration &
Consolidation
99-Designing Sustainable Food Systems
00-The Next Agricultural Revolution; Reclaiming the PASAbilities
01-Food is our Commonwealth: Beyond Business as Usual

It would be super if you could send ideas by Thursday, 2/22, but sometime
this
week or even next week will do.

THANKS!!

John

  • Speaker suggestions, John Irwin, 02/20/2001