permaculture - Re: sustainable education

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: sustainable education
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 01 11:22:31 -0700

>Would someone please refer me to a list of schools that offer
>> > undergrad B.A.'s in sustainable/alternative/organic agriculture. No
>> > workshops or environmental studies that happen to involve agriculture,
The Q about whether it is indeed sustainable to teach/learn ag in the U
aside, (I mean, how did we get to the present (and they call it a
system?))
I believe an important question to ask is *where on Earth do you want to
be?* And then look for schools in similar climates, and then evaluate
the program options.
(one of my #1 gripes about cyber communication is that unless someone
makes the effort to characterize themself, there's no postmark, accent
to the English, inflection to the speech, whatever; all the subtleties of
language and cues to place are gone- lack of meaning leads to bad
communication)
-Rick