permaculture - Re: Looking for a permaculture book

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Looking for a permaculture book
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 20:02:43 -0500

The Permaculture Activist is taking orders for Rosemary Morrow's Teacher's Notes though our stock is currently out. We expect a new supply soon. Cost is $17 plus 10% shipping. We are reviewing a copy of the new Teacher's Guide from the UK, though we don't know yet if we will be carrying it. Definitely maybe.
Keith
graham wrote:

You could try Permanent Publication's Earth Repair Catalogue, online at
http://www.permaculture.co.uk/erc/welcome.htm

They definately have The Earth User's Guide To Permaculture by rosemary
Morrow, tho' not sure about Teachers Notes.

If you want an EXCELENT permaculture teacher's manual, you could do far
worse than checking out;
"PERMACULTURE TEACHERS' GUIDE
edited by Andrew Goldring
Published in association with WWF and the Permaculture Association
(Britain), this is an excellent guide to methods for teaching sustainability
by 35 leading UK permaculturists. It includes the exploration of central
themes, teaching techniques, ideas, strategies, check-lists, practical
hands-on learning exercises, how to convene courses and a good resource
section. An invaluable manual for anyone wishing to teach design courses or
intergrate permaculture ideas into their presentations or group work. B/W
photos, diagrams and mind maps. 388pp"

Sky & Robin Clayfield's 'Teaching Permaculture Creatively' is also
brilliant!

Cheers for now,

Graham Burnett
35 Rayleigh Avenue
Westcliff On Sea
Essex
SS0 7DS
biblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/permaculture.faq