permaculture - Re: plant nurseries

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: plant nurseries
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:40:06 -0600

I was just about to put out the exact same query... weve been largely ordering
from Bear Creek for the last 7 years & Im kind of in a tizzy about finding
another nursery so well oriented toward forest farming & with affordable
prices
to boot.

There is of course Lawyers & Cascade, both whole-sale nurseries. I have a
great
flyer from a nursery in Iowa called Smith Nursery Co / PO Box 515, Charles
City,
IA 50616 (515-228-3239) Has anyone out there done business with him?
This owner-operator has been at it for 40 years his flyer claims. nice
selection of seedling fruits, nuts, berries, perennials, even some seeds, but
no
grafted stock. He also has of liner bundles at really great prices.

there are also others that should be well known on this list, oikos, st
lawrence, edible landscaping, burnt ridge, fedco

But then my concerns are a might different being up here in zone 4 getting
buried by snow.

mIEKAL
dreamtime village
http:/net22.com/dreamtime/index.shmtl