permaculture - Re: Catfish

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: eric + michiko <emstorm@sonic.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Catfish
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 08:25:38 -0800

A friend of mine wants to find a new, larger home for a small nut growing
catfish that has lived in her aquarium.

I have a 12,000 gallon, smallish pond (24' x 60' x 3') with mosquito fish,
tadpoles, frogs, snails, dragonflies, and other assorted small critters.
There are also several varieties of plants like cattails, water hiacynth,
water lilly and papyrus. It is a very happy pond, clear and thriving.

Is the catfish a good addition, or what problems might I run into? I'd
appreciate hearing your opinions.

Eric Storm

  • Re: Catfish, eric + michiko, 12/17/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Catfish, Greg, 12/17/2000