permaculture - Slow food- the Consumer´s anti-globalisation movement

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Slow food- the Consumer´s anti-globalisation movement
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:05:32 -0200

home

www.slowfood.com

logo
Slow Food is an international movement, active in 35 countries worldwide, with 60,000 members and about 400 convivia.

Slow Food is an international response to the effect fast food has on our society and life. It questions the validity of the fast food philosophy as an unconscious credo that erodes our culinary heritage in the guise of efficiency.

See the official Slow Food Manifesto, endorsed by delegates of 20 countries in 1989, and the International Statute, approved by the Extraordinary Congress in Turin on November 7 1998.

For an overview of the history and initiatives of Slow Food, click here.

Moving on to a more topical issue, read the Slow Food Manifesto on Biotechnologies.

philosophy
story
international press
home

  • Slow food- the Consumer´s anti-globalisation movement, Marsha Hanzi, 11/30/2000