permaculture - Re: Keylines

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Keylines
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:50:35 EST

Hi,

Appreciate the good inputs from the list.

Slopes are I'd say from 5-8 perhaps a bit steeper at the very top near the
ridge lines. I KNOW I wouldn't drive machinery up or down same but I know
folks who claim they do without problems. HMMM!

Underlying rock is limestone, and you can see slate like ledges in some
areas, and rock outcrops in others near top of slopes.

I've looked at the topos of the farm area, but they are not very detailed at
such a scale.

I plan to improve forest for sustainable timber production. So...I will need
to provide trails, skid ways, etc., to allow me to harvest the timber without
destroying the woods, and their beauty. My goal is not to maximize timber
production but to have a well diversified forest that supports wildlife,
etc., and allows for nature walks, trails, etc.

Look forward to hearing from you all:) Frank