permaculture - Re: Lab-Lab

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Lab-Lab
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:48:14 -0200

I didn´t know that lab lab was African.  That explains why it is used only locally and not comercially.  There are several vegetables ( very good ones!) which circulate from neighbor to neighbor but never appear in the seed shops.  They are all African in origin ( Bahia was a slave state until the beginning of this century, and has a strong African tradition..)
This lab lab is white.  Lab lab alba??? Speculating...

Marsha