permaculture - Job opening announcement received after application deadline

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Irwin <jwirwin@permaculture.net>
  • To: PcListServ <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Job opening announcement received after application deadline
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:02:45 -0400

This just received ...... past the application date, but maybe ......

Phillies Bridge Farm Project, Inc.
P.O. Box 1147, New Paltz, N.Y. 12561 845-256-9108
pbfarm@ulster.net

Dear Friends,

Phillies Bridge Farm Project, Inc. is seeking candidates for the position of
Grower at our CSA. A job description and information on submitting
applications follows. If
you are an agency or organization with a community bulletin board, please
post this ad.
If you have a newsletter, please announce this opening. If you are a farmer
or farm
manager and know of possible candidates, please pass it along.

JOB OPENING FOR GROWER

The Phillies Bridge Farm Project, Inc. - a not-for-profit organization
promoting
sustainable agriculture - is seeking a grwoer for its CSA
(Community-Supported
Agriculture) farm, to begin with the 2001 growing season. Our farm is
located midway
between NYC and Albany, on a beautiful, historic site within view of the
Shawangunk
Mountains. Nearby New Paltz is a college town which offers many recreational

and cultural activities. Our CSA has been in operation for six years, and
presently serves
about 120 shareholders. We have a focus of providing organic produce to our
members as well as being a demonstration farms project with educational
goals.

The GrowerÂ’s E2 80 99s {this was in the message, but may be an extra adding
during email transit}
responsibilities include farming a six-acre garden, supervising
crop harvesting and distribution, managing a greenhouse, and overseeing the
care
of chickens and goats. She/he will supervise and train at least two paid
crew members,
plus the volunteer shareholders who are required to work 15 hours per season.

We are looking for an experienced, committed grower who would be interested
in maturing with the project.
On-site housing may be available. Ten-month salary range: $18,000 -
$20,000=20
depending on experience. Medical insurance provided.

Qualifications:

Must have at least two years experience as an organic farmer and CSA
experience. Must be able to communicate effectively with CSA community
and with area farmers. Some formal education in agriculture desirable.
Skills in construction, mechanics, and/or teaching beneficial.

Applications accepted until October 13, 2000

For information and application contact: David Strong, search committee
chair, c/o Phillies Bridge Farm Project, Inc., P.O. Box 1147, New Paltz, NY
12561.
Phone: 845-256-9108 (farm office). E-mail: DSStrong@aol.com

  • Job opening announcement received after application deadline, John Irwin, 10/17/2000