permaculture - RE: Neem

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "PINC" <pinc@svn.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Neem
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 17:39:04 -0700

We made a natural pesticide (what an oxymoron) and a fungicide in Bali using Neem, ginger, tumeric, galanga, EM4, molasses (which was the hardest thing to get in Bali) a little alcohol and some other things. It seemed to work on a fungus that was on some of the limes. A local gardener said he had good luck with it on some insects. We didn't have much of an insect problem, but fungi in the tropics was more of an issue. In the tropics, it has to be used frequently and consistently to work. Ideally,  we want to deal with those issues by creating healthy soil.

If anyone wants the recipe, I could dig it out of my miles of piles of files.

Penny