permaculture - Re: Permaculture Credit Union

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Irwin <jwirwin@permaculture.net>
  • To: Vint Lawrence <vlawrence@nets.com>, permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture Credit Union
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:53:11 -0400

Hi Vint,

We have met once back in 97 when I attended a Pc Credit Union meeting. I
intend to
invest in the
Credit Union today.

Thanks for answering miekal's questions. He got right to the core of
the matter.

I do have one big question:
When the board of the Credit Union is elected, will all board members be
expected to go
to regular meetings?
How often? Where? Will it be possible to people from anywhere to become
board
members & participate without
going to Santa Fe (or the SW) 4 times a year? .... Both the expense & time
would
eliminate many people from beyond the SW USA. Perhaps the cyberworld will
provice the
answer..........

Also, a suggestion: How about endorsing NATURAL CAPITALISM, by Paul
Hawken &
Hunter & Amory Lovins, which alludes to the financial aspects of a sustainable
culture. New investors could receive that instead of a free toaster ;-)

And an offer. As long as supplies last, if the Pc CU will send me a monthly
address
list of those who request one, I will send a complimentary 1998 American
Permaculture
Directory to anyone who invests $500 within the year 2000.

John Irwin
American Permaculture Directory
jwirwin@permaculture.net
http://www.permaculture.net