permaculture - Re: Getting the point-drylands agriculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: eric + michiko <emstorm@metro.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Getting the point-drylands agriculture
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:44:54 -0700

Wil this be re-formatted and re-sent, so those of us who didn't down load the first time can still look at it?

Sounds interesting.

Eric Storm

At 09:32 00/08/24 -0300, you wrote:

Dear members of the List,

I wonder if, with all th anger about the size of my document, someone out there caught onto the importance of it ( the reason for sending it to an international list).
We are succesfully working with a drylands polyculture model which doubles production and puts an enormous quantity of food on the small farmerエs table, proving that, contrary to the common belief of " competition for water", the denser you plant-- even in dry situations-- the more you harvest. As there are several of you on this list working in dryland situations, both in Australia and Southwest USA, I thought this data would be useful, even if you don-t have people starving because of failed crops, as we do here...

Marsha

<<<<

  • Re: Getting the point-drylands agriculture, eric + michiko, 08/25/2000