permaculture - Re: weekend courses

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: weekend courses
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 00 14:42:12 -0700

Quotes from Pacific Edge...
>During our meetings in Sydney, the students set up teams which prepare food
>beforehand and cook/ heat it at the centre

I like it! Since you have an easier schedule, this can happen, and
integrating the process into the course sounds great. I feel group meals are
crucial in developing group cohesion, and as a food service veteran, I like
the whole-systems nature of the work!

>The courses are taught be a team of experienced
>people each of whom bring their own perspectives to permaculture design.
>They include a planner and landscape architect, an anthropologist, a
>builder, a professional facilitator/group worker, a local government worker
>(versed in local government development planning and related matters), a
>waste educator and a journalist/overseas development worker.

I imagine this roster includes many who participate in a limited way. Who is
facilitating all or most days?
I like what I'm hearing here; sounds like a much more workable, valuable,
course than the weekend courses I've heard of in N. Am.
-Rick

Rick Valley Northern Groves
PO Box 1236, Philomath, OR 97370
Mobile-(541)602-1315, hm.& msg. (541)929-7152 Bamboo catalog $3 or at
<http://www.teleport.com/~dbrooks/bamboo.html>
"Useful Bamboos and other plants‹ Permaculture education‹ Ecological design &
consultation centering on water,landform and horticultural systems"

  • Re: weekend courses, rick valley, 07/13/2000