permaculture - Re: Permaculture conference Australia

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Jensen" <robertscroft@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture conference Australia
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 17:32:44 EST

Wow, Judith sure packs a huge punch on how the world can be changed in her view and through permaculture.

I wonder how many people with a love of permaculture feel the need to become global activists???

I am yet to plant my first permaculture garden and am gathering facts to ensure I do it well.

From my perspective, I wonder if the whole issue of globalist thinking is somehow missing the point.

I was attracted to permaculture, because it is something you can do yourself and show your friends with pride of achievement over time. Thus leading others by word of mouth to changing their ways.

If enough people do this at a local level, communities will change and with that great change emerges.

Perhaps I am being simplistic and fearful of getting involved with people who have a burning desire to change the world and it better happen right now.

I actually like change, yet it needs to be at my pace.

Let the debate rage.
Best wishes
Robert Jensen