permaculture - Re: Permaculture Credit Union

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture Credit Union
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 17:25:43 -0400

Scott Pittman wrote:

> I am trying to generate a list of all permaculture institutes in the
> Americas to use for the development of the Permaculture Credit Union.
> Any of you who would like to be on our mailing list could you please send
> me mailing addresses, email addresses, phone number etc.
> If you know of other organizations please include their information too.
> Thanks for your attention,
> Scott Pittman

Scott ( and list members),
Though you probably have all of these, they're the one's I have listed on the
Activist
website. I, too, want to update my list, so please reply to me too, all.
Scott, please
update my listing for PDI. The one listed below probably needs to be changed.
Thanks,
Keith Johnson

Culture's Edge
1025 Camp Elliot Rd, Black Mountain, NC, 28711,
Phone: 828-669-3937. A teaching/ design consortium at
Earthaven Ecovillage consisting of Peter Bane, Chuck
Marsh, Patricia Allison, Andrew Goodheart Brown,
Keith Johnson, Shawn Swartz and others. You can also
find them teaching at The Farm Ecovillage Training
Center in TN and other venues around the world. Send a
message to: <pcactiv@metalab.unc.edu>

The Farm Ecovillage Training Center; Plenty USA;
PO Box 90; Summertown, TN 38483-0090. Contact
Albert Bates
Phone: 615-964-3574. < ecovillage@thefarm.org>

Permaculture Drylands Institute P.O.
Permaculture Drylands Institute, PO Box
3702 Pojoaque, NM 87501. Contact:Scott
Pittman ttp://members.aol.com/pdrylands/PDIhome1.htm
Permaculture Drylands Journal (formerly Sustainable
Living in Drylands) is published in April, August, and
December by the Permaculture Drylands Education and
Research Institute. It focuses on permaculture concepts
and designs for arid lands, with a heavy focus on New
Mexico and Arizona. PDI offers a regular series of
Permaculture Design Courses.

Heathcote Community;
21300 Heathcote Rd. Freeland, MD 21053
lfelch@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu or heathcote@s-o-l.org
Phone: (410) 343-3478 (DIRT)
http://www.s-o-l.org/heathcote/heathcote.html
Heathcote is an intentional community located 30 miles
north of Baltimore, MD and 20 miles south of York, PA.
It is nestled in a narrow wooded stream valley on a 44
acre community land trust. We are committed to creating
a permaculture demonstration site at Heathcote
Community where we can live sustainably in balance
with the Earth and guide others on this path. We strive to
foster gender balance and a diversity of culture,
spirituality and thought. The Heathcote Conference
Center helps us to maintain an interconnectedness to the
larger society through education and community
outreach. Heathcote is also the home base for the
Eastern Permaculture Teachers Association:
http://home.ptd.net/~artrod/epta/eptahmp.html

Permaculture Institute USA
Scott Pittman
pci@permaculture-inst.org
PO Box 3702, Pojoaque, NM 87501 US
phone 505.455.0270
Environmental Design Concepts; "A Permaculture
Company"; PO Box 8101; Santa Fe, NM 87504. Contact
Scott Pittman.

Permaculture Institute of Northern California (PINC)
PO Box 341; Point Reyes Station, CA 94956. Contact
Penny Livingston: 415-663-9090.
<pinc@nbn.com>http://www.permacultureinstitute.com/
The Permaculture Institute of Northern California
(PINC) is an educational organization providing courses
and workshops that enable people to develop the skills
necessary to live a more sustainable life on the
planet.CONTRACTING SERVICES: PINC works with
architects, designers, home owners and co-housing
groups in the designing, consulting and constructing of
ecological Permaculture systems, ponds and swales,
sculpted earthen pizza ovens, straw bale, rammed earth,
cob, light clay construction, orchards, gardens, and
edible/native landscaping, site planning and development
of grey water systems.

Occidental Arts and Ecology Center
Coleman Valley Rd., Occidental, CA
95465. 15290Offers Permaculture
Design Courses with Brock Dolman,
Doug Gosling, Penny Livingston and others at
http://www.oaec.org/ The Occidental Arts and Ecology
Center (OAEC) is an educational institute and intentional
community. Founded in 1994 by a group of biologists,
artists, activists, educators and horticulturists, OAEC
serves as a multi-purpose gathering place for people
seeking innovative and practical approaches to the social,
economic, environmental and spiritual challenges of our
day. The Center and the residential intentional
community approach the acts of everyday living and
work with renewed attention to our consumption,
"waste," land use practices, and interpersonal dynamics,
while searching for creative solutions and experimenting
with new models. 707-874-1557, fax -1558, email:
oaec@oaec.org

Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute
P.O. Box 631, Basalt, CO 81621
Contact Jerome Osentowski:
Telephone & Fax: (970)
927-4158
http://crmpi.org/
jerome@crmpi.org

Elfin Permaculture, Yankee Permaculture, Barking
Frogs Permaculture Center, P.O. Box 52, Sparr, FL
32192-0052 YankeePerm@aol.com Dan Hemenway,
online Pc Design Courses, and more. See listing on
Global Resources page.

East Tennessee Permaculture, PO Box 11851,
Knoxville, TN 37939 423-609-9025, Gene Monaco,
EFMonaco@compuserve.com Private consultations
Links to like-minded creatures of East Tennessee

Black Mesa Permaculture Project (BMPP); BMPP is
a project of Indigenous People on reservation lands on
Black Mesa in the Four Corners region of the Southwest.
What makes this project unique is that it is not only a
permaculture project on Native Lands, but a project of
the indigenous peope living there. Courses offered. PO
Box 2393; Flagstaff, AZ 86003; 520-688-2144

The Permaculture Research Institute,
E-mail: pri@permaculture.org.au
Phone: +61 2 6679 3275 Fax: +61 2 6679 2018 Mail: PO
Box 1, Tyalgum, NSW 2484, Australia
http://www.permaculture.org.au

Permaculture Institute of Southern California; 1027
Summit Way; Laguna Beach, CA 92651. Contact:
Director Dr.Bill Roley: 714-494-1443.
Ph: int+ (1) 949-494-5843, fax -0129
DrRoley@aol.com

La'akea Permaculture Gardens, PO
Box 1221 Pahoa, HI 96778
laakea@ilhawaii.net (808) 965-0178
www.permaculture-hawaii.com We are a 25 acre
permaculture education center located on the Big Island
of Hawaii offering three week certification courses. We
include Feng Shui, Tai Chi, and Ecopsychology in our
courses, and try to balance classroom time with field trips
to explore the islands as well as "hands in the dirt"
experience. E-mail: programs@permaculture-hawaii.com

Friends of the Trees Society; Find out about their
connection with the Travelers' Earth Repair Network
(TERN); P.O. Box 4469; Bellingham, Wa 98227;
Contact Michael Pilarski: 360-738-4972 or by FAX at
360-671-9668.

Lost Valley Educational Center; "Skills &
Awarenesses for Sustainable Living"; 81868 Lost Valley
Lane; Dexter, OR, 97431. Phone: 541-937-3351.
info@lostvalley.org www.lostvalley.org

Kootenay Permaculture Institute, Box 43 Winlaw,
British Columbia, Canada V0G 2J0 Phone & Fax: (250)
226-7302 Email: spiralfarm@yahoo.com Gregoire
Lamoureux

Apache Creek Ranch; Rt 19, Box 121W; Santa Fe, NM
87505. Contact Vinton Lawrence: 505-982-1964.

Instituto de Permacultura de Mexico AC Box 9A
Border Crossings San Miguel de Allende Guanajuato
Mexico Tel 52 415 22719 Email
palodulz@mpsnet.com.mx Skye (Earthcare Education
Mexico) Sevilla 312 Col. Portales CP 03300 Mexico DF
Mexico Tel 52 55390716 Email skye@tortuga.com
Webpage http://www.tortuga.com/permacultura

Instituto de Permacultura da Bahia, Brazil
Marsha Hanzi, http://www.geocities.com/oliarte

Cross Timbers Permaculture Institute in Texas
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ctpi/cross_t.htm

International Institute for Ecological Agriculture in
California http://www.permaculture.com